Pages

Unordered List

abc abc

Sample Text

Text Widget

Download

Javed Miandad last ball six to Chetan Sharma


No matter what but it is difficult to forget the last ball Sixer that Javed Miandad (check video below) hit against Chetan Sharma to win the Australia-Asia Cup in Sharjah. The year was 1986 and India was playing arch rivals Pakistan in the final match  of Australia-Asia Cup on April 18.

India had scored 245 runs after losing the toss with major contributions from Srikkanth 75, Gavaskar 92 and Vengsarkar 50. In reply, Pakistan had a shaky start and lost early wickets but Javed Miandad played like a champion unbeaten 116 -- and the last-ball six -- took them through to a famous triumph.


Pakistan needed four runs to win the match off the last ball, and Javed Miandad hit a six of Chetan Sharma to win.

"I try to forget that six but people do not let me. People do not forget things -- either good or bad -- that happens during India-Pakistan clashes," Sharma said in 2011.


"People won't remember the hat-trick against New Zealand in 1987 World Cup or the good performance against England but that Miandad six is one thing they will never forget," he said.

"Whoever meets me for the first time, the first question that comes is about the last-ball six that Javed Miandad hit me for. It keeps happening. I have even started enjoying it now. Even when I am on the air doing commentary, I am reminded of the same as if it had happened recently," Sharma, who is in Mumbai, told dna on Sunday. But does he feel irritated when people keep asking about the incident? "This keeps happening. I want to forget but people don't let me do it as they keep asking. So, I am left with little choice. I tried my best to york Miandad and not give a loose delivery but it turned out to be a full toss. Javed was the best batsman and he hit it over the boundary," he said.
Share on Google Plus

About mk

A cricket enthusiast, die-hard fan of the Indian Cricket Team, blogger, traveler, recluse and idealist at heart; MK is your host for the the World Cup 2015.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment